THE BEST IN SEATED CARDIO
Octane Fitness redefined seated home elliptical workouts with the invention of the one-of-a-kind xRide recumbent elliptical. Built based on the health club model, the premium xR6 has the ability to interact with your tablet via the SmartLink app and features SmartLight technology to keep you motivated throughout your workout.
Taking advantage of PowerStroke technology, xRide users have 343% more glute activity and burn 23% more calories than compared to recumbent bike riders, according to a university study. With its step-through design, it’s safe and easy to get on and off the elliptical machine. Plus, the xR6 is fully loaded with Octane features including MultiGrip handlebars, soft grip pedals and Workout Boosters.
- Large LED display with message center
- Simultaneously displays essential workout data
- Polar® wireless heart rate with a FREE polar heart rate strap
- 5 heart rate-controlled programs
- Features customized quick start
- 10 workout programs and 20 resistance levels
- 20 seat height positions and 5 tilt settings
- Easy access, step-through design
Spice up any workout (Quick Start or Preset Program) by pressing a Workout Booster button on the console at any time. You can modify the resistance level at any point during the workout.
Combine leg strengthening and cardio, as once a minute, this Workout Booster cranks up the resistance by 10 levels for a vigorous, 15-repetition set. Make sure to hold the stationary handles to keep the muscular focus entirely on your lower body.
Enjoy full-body cross training as Muscle Endurance delivers a continual, alternating series of 1-minute work intervals (with a 4-level bump in resistance) and 1-minute rest intervals using randomly generated combinations of the following prompts:
• Push-Legs – concentrate on pushing the pedals to focus on your quadriceps and glutes.
• Pull-Arms – concentrate on pulling the moving handlebars against a 10-level bump in resistance to focus on your biceps and lats.
• Push-Arms – concentrate on pushing the moving handlebars against a 10-level bump in resistance to focus on your triceps and chest.
• Reverse – pedal backward to switch up the muscular focus throughout your lower body.
• Fast – increase your speed.
• Resistance+ - work through a short surge of 3 extra resistance levels (7 levels higher than your base level).
• Narrow Grip – grasp the lower/inside portion of the multi-position handles and push and pull to focus on your triceps and chest.
• Wide Grip – grasp the higher/outside portion of the multi-position handles and push and pull to focus on your chest, shoulders and back.
The invigorating Chest Press makes it easy to incorporate a strength session for your chest, back and arms into your aerobic workout. Once a minute, this Workout Booster cranks up the resistance by 10 levels and prompts you to place your feet on the foot pegs to ensure you use only your upper body for a muscle-burning, 10-repetition set.
Fitness equipment typically offers heart-rate measurement, which is great for efficient weight loss, improving fitness for your favorite sport, exercising safely, and bettering your general cardiovascular health. Heart rate is monitored by contact and/or wireless telemetry. While the latter is considered more accurate, each system has advantages. Here’s a quick primer.
Contact heart-rate monitoring utilizes hand sensors in the handrail or handlebar. You grip the sensors for several seconds and your heart rate is shown on the console display in beats per minute. Contact heart rate is a good choice if you don’t have or don’t like to wear a heart-rate chest strap.
Wireless telemetry heart-rate monitoring utilizes a chest strap that you wear that reads your heart rate and transmits a radio frequency to show your heart rate on the machine’s console display. In addition to being more accurate, the wireless system is hands-free, and it allows your heart rate to be constantly displayed (since it doesn’t rely on sensors that you have to hold). This constant monitoring is especially useful for heart-rate control programs, in which the exercise equipment makes intensity adjustments to maintain or vary your heart rate at particular training zones.
|Upper Body Bars||Moving multi-grip, stationary|
|Data/Metrics||Calories, calories/hour, distance, heart rate, max heart-rate percent, resistance level, speed (RPM), target heart rate, time, time in heart-rate zone, workout profile|
|Workload Range||20 resistance levels|
|Machine Dimensions (inches)||71 L x 35 W x 57 H|
|Max User Weight (pounds)||300|
|Power Source||Home AC Outlet|
|Other||5-angle contour seat back, 20-height seat, stationary foot pegs, soft grip pedals, bottle holders, reading rack|
* Subject to change without notice.