How to figure out what kind of treadmill to buy. I know it can be confusing when you see all of the manufacturers and deals out there, so let’s start with the basics.
- #1 If you can’t try it…Don’t buy it. Deals too good to be true always are and if there is no local business that displays them, there is no service provider as well. A treadmill is the most abused appliance in your home. You don’t slam your feet on your dishwasher do you? You better be good at repairing things on your own when it breaks.
- #2 Internet reviews. Reviews are subjective and as opinions vary, so do different people's experiences on different equipment. Maybe you have an old injury or starting to develop some pains where you never had them before. A treadmill can make them worse if the suspension is not right. Plus, the review you read may very well be bogus. How many reviews have you written? You can see my point.
Fitness Central has been in business since 2002, and in that time we have done some extensive research on brands and their durability. We have field tested products and worked with the manufacturers directly to make sure that we can get parts for a long time. Remember, we pick all of the models in here because we believe that for the price, that particular product will be the best value for you.
All treadmills follow the same concept: there is a motor that moves a belt and a console that allows you to adjust your speed and elevation either manually or with programs. The main difference in the pricing is the frame and suspension and that is what we call the contact point. In everything you buy, one of the reasons you love a product is because you love the feel of it. That orthopedic mattress, that lazy boy sofa, those heated seats in your car on a cold day are the features feel great and make you excited to use them. Think about being invited to a family members graduation and you have to sit in the high school bleachers. You know your bottom is going to hurt after a short time and you are dreading going, all because it is uncomfortable. This is the same idea towards fitness equipment. If your feet are going to hurt or your back gets sore, why would you commit to doing this 3 times a week? I hope maybe I have put this in a way that will help you understand why it is so important to try them out.
One big question we get asked is, "What is the motor size?". It’s a good question and I have great news for you. From our budget friendly models to our most expensive, all the motors have a lifetime warranty. This means that the manufacturer has spec'd these machines with all of the right stuff. Motor issue is the least of your concerns.
Now, let's address realistic price points. You can walk, jog, or run on all of the models. However, the less expensive models have very simple suspensions which they will start to rattle and squeak or worse yet really bother your joints. As the price moves up we start to get into features of treadmills that have maintenance free decks that never have to be lubricated and independent suspensions which give different zones for impact. Softer in the front for landing and stiffer in the back for pushing off. When we cross over the $2000 price point, this is where you get into a machine that feels like a commercial one you would use at a club. They are utilizing a full frame to help with a more solid feel and also a better elastomer which is what makes it feel so smooth. Finally, once you get into the over $3000 price point, you now get a machine that is rated number one is Consumer Reports and Runners World. These machines are the best you can put in your home and have a longer lifespan. In this case, Landice has a full aluminum frame and a 5 or 7 times 'softer than grass' suspension. Landice is also one of the only companies that gives you an in-home lifetime parts warranty on everything, including the belt.
Fitness Central has many models on the floor for you to try at the best pricing allowed by the manufacturers. We offer delivery and assembly, removal of old equipment, zero down/zero percent financing, and we are the only company to offer a Lifetime Labor Warranty With this plan, if your machine breaks, we will come out and fix it at no additional labor charge.
Stop by today to see why we have been named Morning Call's Readers Choice Award BEST HOME FITNESS store for 7 out of the last 10 years and are recognized as a leader in the industry. Check out the products below and make sure you call for best pricing since we sell our products lower then what we are allowed to advertise.
- We carry models from Horizon Fitness, Matrix Fitness, and Landice
- Delivery and assembly is available for an additional cost
- Lifetime Labor Warranty Plan is available
- Numeric keypad with express speed and incline keys
- 8 Built-in programs with variable time, speed, laps, and elevation
- 5 User-defined programs
- Time, distance, and calorie goal programs
- Displays data in English or metric configurations
- Contact heart-rate and wireless-chest-strap heart-rate monitoring system